EDI (Electronic) Claims Submission
Virginia Premier strongly encourages all of its providers to file their claims electronically. By filing claims electronically, providers are able to aid in lowering claims processing timeframes, which in turn allows Virginia Premier to make payments more quickly for services rendered.
EDI 837 Claims
Please refer to the first document below for instructions on how to send EDI 837 (electronic) claims to Virginia Premier. You will find answers to most of your questions here.
- How to Send EDI (Electronic) Claims to Virginia Premier
- List of Clearinghouses Contracted with Virginia Premier
- EDI 837 (Electronic) Claims Enrollment Form (MS Word Fill-In Form)
- EDI 837 (Electronic) Claims Enrollment Form (PDF version)
EDI 835 ERA
Should you want to receive the EDI 835 ERA (Electronic Remittance Advice) from Virginia Premier, the process is exactly the same as the process to send electronic claims to Virginia Premier. Only the form is different.
- EDI 835 ERA (Electronic Remit) Enrollment Form (MS Word Fill-In Form)
- EDI 835 ERA (Electronic Remit) Enrollment Form (PDF version)
Other EDI Transactions
Virginia Premier also offers additional transactions in partnership with our clearinghouses. If interested in either of the following, please contact your clearinghouse.
- 277 – Claim Acknowledgment
- 997 – Functional Acknowledgment