1. Choose your VPHP PCP from the list of our doctors
2. Get your healthcare through our list of PCP’s and hospitals and other health care providers.
3. Keep doctor’s appointments or call to cancel them at least twenty-four (24) hours ahead of time.
4. Carry your VPHP and Medicaid ID member card with you at all times.
5. Tell the doctor that you and/or your child are/is a member of Virginia Premier Health Plan at the time that you speak with the doctor’s office.
6. Give your PCP and other providers honest and complete information about your health to care for you.
7. Learn the difference between emergency and urgent care.
a. What an emergency is
b. How to keep one from happening, and
c. What to do if one happens.
8. Follow plans and instructions for care given by your physician.
9. Understand your health problems and discuss and/or agree upon treatment plans with your physician.
10. Get an okay from your PCP or VPHP before you see another doctor.
11. Let VPHP know how we can work better for you.
IN THIS SECTION
- Community Resources
- Contact Member Services
- Hospital & Provider Search
- Member Advisory Committee
- Member Handbook
- Member Newsletters
- Member Responsibilities
- Member Rights
- Member Satisfaction
- VPHP Service Area