How to Enroll
Enrolling is easy. All you need to do is:
- See if you’re in our service area
- Check whether you’re eligible for Medicaid
- Let the Department of Medical Assistance Services ( DMAS) know you’ve chosen us
Where do you live?
If you’re in any of these parts of Virginia, you’re in our service area. For a full list of cities and counties we serve, please click here.
If you’re eligible for (or already on) Medicaid, you can join Medallion 3.0 or FAMIS.
To find out if you’re eligible for Medicaid, you can:
- Check online at commonhelp.virginia.gov
- Call Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282
- Visit the local office of the Department of Social Services (DSS) in person (you can find their offices here.)
Any one of them can also help you apply for Medicaid.
The same goes for your kids, even if they’re newborns. You can go online, call, or head to a DSS office to see if they’re eligible.
Once you’re covered by Medicaid, all you have to do to join us is call the Managed Care HelpLine at 1-800-643-2273. Have your Medicaid ID number ready and tell them you want to join Virginia Premier’s Medallion 3.0 or FAMIS plan.
To sign your kids up? The process is the same. Call the Managed Care HelpLine at 1-800-643-2273, give them your children’s Medicaid ID number, and let them know you want your kids or newborns to be covered by Medallion 3.0 or FAMIS.